1. I hope you had a Happy 4th of July! Here are a couple of photos of me wearing my Lady Liberty t-shirt and of a cool, sugar-free dessert I made for Independence Day.
2. This has been a short, but very busy week! Let's take a look at a book I have been reading -- Jeannie Ewing's From Grief to Grace: The Journey from Tragedy to Triumph. I highly recommend it! Read my review.
This is my only bumper sticker.
3. I am already getting a Study/Rosary Group together for the Fall. This is what we parish ministers/ stewards work on during the summer. I have been doing lots of reading and research for the group.
4. It's not too late to start the novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which began on Thursday. Her feast date is July 16.
5. How does my garden grow? Check out the photos below.
May 20, 2016
June 7, 2016
Here is the first blooming gladiola from our garden, which is falling over.
6. Now a word from our sponsor. I am so pleased with this beautiful review of my new book, Learning to Love with the Saints: A Spiritual Memoir. If I could, I would be doing cartwheels! Instead, I will just do a happy dance!
7. If you are having three digit temperatures like we have been having here in Wichita, I recommend you stay indoors and watch a good mini-series or a good movie! Here is what I look forward to watching on EWTN :
If EWTN’s award-winning film, “Kateri,” left you wanting to know even more about the first female Native American Saint and the French missionaries who converted her, have we got just the thing for you! A brand-new informative miniseries, “Kateri: All for Christ” is airing at 6:30 p.m. ET, Monday, July 11 through Thursday, July 14 on EWTN!
DVD's I recommend for viewing are The Young Messiah, The Peanuts Movie, and Miracles from Heaven.
Have a wonderful weekend!
For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum.