7QT: Surprises, Saints, Salads, and Catholic College Contributors Needed


 

1.  Hooray! I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my book, Learning to Love with the Saints: A Spiritual Memoir just won the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval.  





2.  Another sweet surprise this week was this movie.  I went to it not knowing whether I would like it or not, as the original with Charlton Heston has a special place in my heart. Unexpectedly, I was moved by it and recommend it. It is a powerful film on redemption and forgiveness. Sure there is violence, but it is there for a reason. I would advise that only mature teens and adults see this due to the violence.


3. CALLING ALL CATHOLIC COLLEGE STUDENTS.

Are you a passionately Catholic college student who loves you faith?
Do you seek to evangelize through apologetics and personal witness?
Do you attend Christendom College, The University of Dallas, Ave Maria University, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Mount St. Mary’s University or a like minded Catholic institution of higher learning?
If you are, or you know someone who is ...

We are looking for occasional contributors to submit thoughtful articles defending and advancing our Catholic faith. Submissions must be faithful to the Magisterium and correspond with our blog’s mission. (See our 'About' page for more.) Those interested may contact us using our contact form or by emailing Brother Matthias at Bromatthias72@juno.com.

I am posting this at the request of Big C Catholics.




4.  With all the tomatoes in my garden ripening at the same time, I have been making a lot of salads lately. Here is one of my favorites: kale, spinach, argula, multi-colored carrots, avocados, and tomatoes.



5.  Today, Friday, August 26 is the Feast of Our Lady of Czestochowa also known as The Black Madonna. The American National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.




6. On August 27, we celebrate the feast of St. Monica, the patron saint of mothers and married women. She is a saint I admire so much for her tenacity, patience, and perseverance in prayer for the conversion of her son, St. Augustine. A persistent prayer warrior, Monica never gave up on her son, Augustine, a great sinner, who later became so strongly drawn to the faith that he was eventually canonized, as one of the Church's greatest teachers and philosophers, and was designated a Doctor of the Church.




7. Please join me in praying for the victims of the earthquake in Italy and for all those who are suffering from the flood in Louisiana.


Have a beautiful and blessed weekend!
Jean


For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum. 






Comments

  1. Your salad looks so tasty!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Ben Hur! I have been very, very skeptical towards it because the classic is so good, so I appreciate hearing that it was moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting, AnneMarie! I felt the same way until I actually watched it myself. It was truly powerful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots