Blogger Reflection Award

Blogger Reflection Award: this award should make an individual reflect upon five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and who have provided a Godly example. In other words, five dear bloggers whom, when you reflect upon them, you are filled with a sense of pride and joy. . .of knowing them and being blessed by them.

Leticia has nominated me for this award and I am honored and thankful. A talented writer and a mom who is raising three beautiful daughters, one of whom has Down Syndrome, she is an inspiration to me. While I have difficulty keeping up with one blog, she writes two - Cause of Our Joy and causa nostrae laetitiae and does a great job on both. She's a special lady who is a strong advocate for the disabled and the unborn. I enjoy reading both of her blogs and staying in touch with her - she has some great ideas.

Here's her nomination of me for the Blogger Reflection Award:

1. Jean M. Heimann at Catholic Fire. Jean not only knows everyone in the Catholic blogosphere (I do?), but she is up on all the buzz, I know that when I read her blog will be inspired and informed by her keen insight. She is passionately pro-life, yet perennially optimistic about the birth of a Culture of Life in this world. She is heavenly minded, as you can see in all her holy posts about the saint of the day, yet she is practical, making her one of my all time favorite bloggers and a great blogbuddy.

Here are my five nominees for the Blogger Reflection Award:

1. Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii - I know Leticia has already nominated Esther, but you know, I have to agree that she inspires me in many ways. Esther's blog reflects her artistic talents and her flair for beauty. Her photos and customized designs convey that personal touch. Yes, she lives in Paradise, but there is a natural gentleness, tenderness, and beauty she exudes that comes from within. Her comments and words convey Christian charity and her prayers and saintly posts are so inspiring. She is a naturally sweet person which comes through in her blog - she's a wonderful prayer partner and blogging buddy. You can find Esther's nominations here.

2. Margaret Mary Myers inspires me with her blog. First of all, I love the music that I hear when I go there. Fur Elise has to be one of my all-time favorites - so comforting and yet gently stimulating at the same time. She writes uplifting posts about her family that reflect her deep faith, shares some of the latest information about authors and books and posts short meditations and personal reflections. When I need a lift, I head on over to her blog -- Margaret Mary Myers. Margaret Mary is an author and has been a homeschooling mom for 22 years, homeschooling high school for 13 years, and homeschooling special education (visual impairment) for five years.

Her other blog is VIP (Visually Impaired Person) Homeschooler, which provides resources for those who are visually impaired as well as family news, and book reviews. On this blog, she tells us that she is " a Catholic homeschooling Mom of many years with a wonderful husband and six great kids. Two of my sons are visually impaired." This alone should qualify her for sainthood! Her blogs reflect the deep faith that she has, her willingness to help others, the love that she has for God, her family, and others.
I feel blessed to have Margaret Mary as a blogging buddy.

3. Deb at Ukok's Place. Deb has been quite an inspiration for me over the years. She has touched me deeply with her own conversion story as well as that of her father's. I love the family news she shares - the photos as well as the latest news on the happenings in her life. She is on vacation now, but I know that when she returns, she will post some wonderful photos, as she is a gifted photographer. Recently, she has been posting beautiful, inspirational photos with scripture messages that brighten my day. She often prays for others and if you have a need, she is there for you. She has many humorous anecdotes to share about her family experiences - past and present - to hold your interest. And, does this woman have talents? Not only is she a great photographer, prayer intercessor, writer, and story-teller, but she designs and creates her own personalized greeting cards, is a wonderful cook, has great advice for other moms, and knows her faith very well. I am blessed to know her and to have her as a blogging buddy.

4. Barb at SFO Mom. I have known Barb since her early blogging days. She is a very friendly, Catholic mom who shares uplifting and amusing family stories, great recipes,inspirational prayers,
and lots of useful, practical information for moms/homemakers on her blog. Barb is a secular Franciscan who really lives out her faith - she is a strong pro-life advocate, a loving wife and mom who is a great blogging buddy.

5. Sarah at Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering. She's got a way about her - there's something about the way that Sarah expresses herself that is very appealing. She writes in a very natural way, demonstrating a good sense of humor, and an honest, wholesome friendliness. When you read her blog, you feel like you're visiting a good friend and neighbor. Here's an example of what I mean - she posts this on her blog: "I'm not off hiding somewhere with a good book, chances are I'm chasing a toddler or a Jack Russell (or sleeping, because every mom can use a nap!). I found Prince Charming and married him, and now we enjoy the idiosyncrasies of life in an old farmhouse. Oh yeah, and we root for the Buckeyes. Every time."

Her serious posts are straight from the heart - and will inspire you to change your life in positive ways for the Lord. What a blessing Sarah is to all of us!

Congratulations, ladies! Now you display your award, and nominate five other bloggers who have inspired you.

Comments

  1. Jean, I am not just writing this because you nominated me but I wanted to give you this honor too but Leticia had beat me to it. Thank you much for your kind words.

    I strongly agree with your choices for the other bloggers! These wonderful women really deserve that honor.

    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, no problem. I understand and am so blessed to have you as a friend.

    You're welcome. You are very deserving of the nomination(s,)too.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, Thank you so much! I am touched and honored. I will probably post mine tomorrow. Thank you for giving of yourself through your blog. It is always uplifting, and you display that congeniality that is in the quotation on your banner.

    Esther, Thank you, also, for affirming Jean’s choices. Love yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *wiping tears from eyes*
    Wow. Thanks, Jean. I'm touched. Really touched. And blessed to have you for a blogbuddy and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll add to Leticia's words about you that you have a heavenly heart, always seeking to do the will of the Father, fulfilling the command to spread the Good News with your sights on heaven and feet on earth, bringing us glimpses of heaven in every uplifting post!

    You also have a prayerful heart. A heart of offering for the causes and concerns of others. Nothing is too much trouble, your pleasure is to share in the load-bearing of the anxieties of your friends.

    You also have a charitable heart. You seek to dispel the myths presented about the Church when you speak the truth in love. You're quite simply a blogger of beauty and I am blessed to know you.

    Hugs

    Deb X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots