Your help and prayers are still needed: time is running out!


I want to thank those who have responded with prayers and donations to my previous request. Your support has touched my heart.

To those who may have missed my earlier request, here it is again in a little more detail:

Thanks so much for voting for Catholic Fire for the American Life League 2009 Pro-life Blog awards. Your kindness is very much appreciated! 

As most of you are already aware, Catholic Fire was awarded the the Best Overall Pro-Life Blog in the American Life League Awards. What this means is that I will receive an award from the American Life League presented by Jill Stanek in Washington D.C at the Pro-Life Blog Award Dinner during ALL's Training and Activism Week and Personhood ConferenceJan. 20, 2010, amid the nation's top pro-life leaders and pioneers for the personhood of all human beings, from the moment of conception until natural death. As the winner of this award, my hotel accommodations for two days and three nights have been provided. However, I do not have the funds for transportation or meals while I am staying there and time is running out.

My dear husband's position was cut over a year ago. I am disabled, yet do not qualify for any form of state or federal assistance. I am working on my second book, which is being reviewed by its third publisher, and if it is approved, it will be some time before it is published. I have been selling my clothing and other possessions to help keep us afloat. We have had numerous other financial hardships, which I prefer not to elaborate on here.

I am humbly asking for your prayers and your help in financing my trip and travel expenses to Washington DC. You can send an online gift through Paypal to Catholic Fire at http://catholicfire.blogspot.com/ by clicking on the upper left hand side of this blog, right under the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Any amount that you can donate will be deeply appreciated.

I'm sure that some of you are experiencing similar hardships at this difficult time, and if that is the case, let us lift up one another in prayer. Please feel free to share your prayer requests with me and I will lift them up during daily Mass and in Eucharistic Adoration.


Thank you!
God bless you!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots