HAPPY 84th BIRTHDAY, HOLY FATHER!

Today is Pope John Paul II's 84th birthday. I heard on the news today that he is the third longest living pontiff in history. To send him a birthday card, go to http://www.vatican.va .

The Holy Father has been the inspiration for my life -- nothing stops him -- gunshot wounds from an assassin, Parkinson's -- from preaching the gospel message. He has been a playwright, an actor, a poet, a factory worker, an author, a priest, a bishop, a skier, a swimmer, a hiker, a world traveler, a child of Mary, and a true disciple of Jesus Christ. He loves as Jesus loved -- seeking out others and sharing his gifts with the children of the world. I pray that the Lord will bless him abundantly this day for being the genuine hero we can all look up to and attempt to emulate. I thank God for him and his holy leadership today during these trying times in the Church. I will always remember him as the bearer of hope in my life. During difficult times, I often hear his voice whisper in my ear "Do not be afraid" and see that radiant face glow and his eyes light up with the joy of the Holy Spirit. He exudes love and inspires greatness in men like no other.

Happy Birthday, Holy Father!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots