Election Day

Today, I did as Fr. Frank Pavone suggested. I took the day off with the intention of working to get the vote out. All my campaign fliers were passed out, all the debates and rallies were attended, and all the phone calls, talks, emails, were completed. The editorials were written and published.

Today was judgment day, so what did I do? I woke up in pain, took some pain medication, and went back to bed. Initially, I felt like a failure, but then realized this was a blessing in disguise. I united my pain with our Savior's for the pro-life candidates and for an end to abortion.

When the pain subsided somewhat, I went to the polling place and voted, went to Eucharistic Adoration, offered to give someone a ride to the polls, and went to Mass. I served as a lector at Mass and when I came home, performed all my usual chores. I accomplished nothing outstanding, but was obedient to God's will.

I am at peace and thank you, Lord, for the grace to pray and to perform the tasks you asked me to do.

Thank you for giving me the wisdom to support and to vote for the pro-life candidates who serve you.

I continue to pray for the conversion of our pro-death candidates Barack Obama and John Kerry. May they come to know and love You with all their hearts, minds, and souls. I pray that John Kerry will return to his Catholic faith and realize what a precious gem it is. Help him to profess it not only with his mouth, but to live it out in every thought, word, and deed he performs on this earth. I pray that he change his voting patterns, so that they reflect his obedience to Your will and Your desires.

Lord, have mercy on all those who voted for the baby killers and help each one them to repent of being accomplices in murder.

Lord, remove the scales that cover the eyes of the blind and bring them into the light of your love. Give them the grace to see You and to do Your holy will in all things -- to turn away from evil and their own selfish desires and to return to You with their whole heart, their whole mind, and their whole soul. Amen.

Mother Mary, I pray for your intercession in these requests and ask you to place all of your children in your Immaculate Heart and to cleanse and purify them there.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly unto you O Virgin of Virgins, Our Mother. To you do we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. Turn then, O most Gracious Advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us and after this our exile, show unto us the most Blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O Sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots