St. Therese of Lisieux, "Apostle of Hope"

St. Therese had a simple, child-like trust in the mercy and love of Jesus and, therefore, is known as the "Apostle of Hope and Confidence". During this Advent season of hope, let us ponder on her inspiring words.

"The knowledge that it was impossible to do anything of myself greatly simplified my task. Confident that the rest would be given me over and above, the one aim of my interior life was to unite myself more and more closely with God."

"My hope has never been deceived. Each time I needed food for the souls in my charge, I have found my hands filled. Had I acted otherwise and relied on my own strength, I should very soon have been forced to surrender."

"We can never have too much confidence in the good God who is so powerful and so merciful. We obtain from Him as much as we hope for."

Scripture Passage

"I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord, and I will change your lot; I will gather you together from all the nations and all the places to which I have banished you, says the Lord, and bring you back to the place from which I have exiled you."
~ Jeremiah 29: 11-14

Prayer:

Lord, I lift up all those who are hurting today—those who are lonely, sick, uncertain, anxious, troubled, depressed, those whose hearts are filled with despair. I pray especially for those who do not know You or who have turned away from You. I pray that You will reveal Yourself to them, rekindle within their hearts the fire of Your love, and help them find their peace in You. I pray for all those who are apathetic in their faith, Lord. Stir up the flame within their hearts and help them to return to that first love they had for You. Restore the simple child-like faith, hope, and love they once had and make it stronger than ever before. I ask this in Your Precious name, Jesus, through the intercession of Your Blessed Mother Mary and St. Therese. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots