Conversing with Jesus


Today I am praising the Lord for ...

the great gift of my Catholic faith and the wonderful opportunities He has been giving me to atone for my own sins and those of the whole world.

my Catholic family who faithfully pray, support, and encourage me in all that I do.

the upcoming pilgrimage to Rome with my Community.

Today I am praying for...

Rebecca Dussault, as she prepares to race in Cross Country Skiing in the Olympics this week. This is a huge moment for her as she seeks to race fast and give glory to God. Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati is the patron of her journey. I am praying that the Lord grants her health and speed, peace of mind and strength of will to do the best she can.

all those who are living in despair and for the healing of all those who have been brutally wounded and traumatized by the culture of death.

the sick, the weak, the poor -- especially the spiritually poor -- that they will be drawn ever close to the heart of the Lord and trust in Him to provide for all their needs.

world peace, an end to terrorism, and for safety for all our military who are in harm's way.

the repose of the souls of the faithful departed, especially all those who will die today.

the closing of George Tiller's abortion mill and all abortion mills.

the reversal of Roe V. Wade.

all mothers and the fathers of aborted children, who suffer deep grief and regret over a choice they can never reverse.

Julie D's special intentions.

T.O.'s special intentions.

Teresa, who is discerning a religious vocation.

Mother Angelica and the Poor Clares.

the special intentions of the Community of St. John and our upcoming pilgrimage to Rome to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Community.

the special intentions of my Oblate prayer partner.

employment for Gilles, father of seven children, who has just been laid off from his job.

healing for Victor, Ed, and Bob, who are suffering from prostate cancer.

all pro-life bloggers and for all those who are persecuted and threatened for their pro-life beliefs, that they will be blessed with an abundance of graces to give them strength to fight the good fight and to obtain victory for life.

a special intention.

improved health as I prepare for my pilgrimage to Rome.

Please join me in praying for these intentions. If you have a special need or request, I would be happy to pray with you and for you. God reward you!

Comments

  1. Thanks for remembering those intentions, Jean. Unfortunately, there was an update on one of them today and it was not at all positive: http://lamland.blogspot.com/2006/02/dark-cloud.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us continue to persevere in prayer for her and also pray in union with God's will. I will go to Mother Mary for help.

    God bless you.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please get well yourself, Jean! I pray that you will be feeling much better as you depart for your pilgrimage in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, T.O.


    God bless you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well, Jean!

    Praying for you,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots