APOCALYPTO - Full Trailer


I don't know much about this film, but I think that it is interesting that it is to be released on December 8th - the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary and so close to the Feasts of St. Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe. It is about a civilization that self-destructs. Does it remind you just a little of the Aztecs who also offered their own in self - sacrifice before Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared and converted the pagans to Catholicism? Does it remind you just a little of our culture of death today with the way we are destroying our own through abortion and euthansia? I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Comments

  1. Gibson said himself that a civilization can't be brought down from outside unless it's rotten within. Which he thinks ours is. I agree with him on the "rotten within" part but disagree on some of the reasons. But we agree that there's been a serious moral decay. Of which abortion is both symptom and contributing cause.

    I just blogged on a bit of history, how two juries failed to convict a man of murder, a man who had strolled into a NICU and strangled a 31-week baby in front of half a dozen witnesses. When a jury can't convict in a case like that, your civilization is pretty much shot to hell and it's only a matter of time before it collapses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found and posted the Trailer for "The Nativity" on my blog. I'm really looking forward for that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny,

    That's shocking! Thanks for the link.

    Moneybags,
    I'm looking forward to that film, too. I have posted on it. too.
    God bless you both,

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also can't wait to see this movie. Gary Jennings wrote a book called "Aztec", which is one of my favorite books. He of course took a great deal of license in order to tell the story, but it covers the Aztec (Mexica), Maya, Purempeche, etc., cultures via quite graphic descriptions. With my studies of Aztec culture, I found that he was thorough in his research in order to bring this culture alive. Read with caution though, and consider that the Catholics portrayed are not so in our best light. I still enjoyed the story, however.

    Apocalypto is cleary a completely different story, but the fact that finally, someone is tackling this time period...very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots