Humor Break: I LOVE LUCY!

Comments

  1. LOL! Jean, I had many new blog entries to read this morning but I had to see this. Mahalo! BTW, one of my favorites is when she plays a foreign princess in love with Ricky's singing...the Maharincess of Franistan. Do you remember that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do remember that one, though the details are a little vague. So, I looked it up at on the Internet and found this description:
    "To increase business at the Tropicana, Lucy concocts a publicity scheme based on a newspaper item claiming that the Shah of Persia owns all of Benny Goodman's records. Lucy decides to pose as the Maharincess of Franistan, who has traveled halfway around the globe to see her singing idol, Ricky Ricardo."

    What I remember most about that episode was her phony accent - which was so funny.

    Remember her crazy singing voice? Wasn't it terrible -she was always way off key and thought she was loaded with talent, always trying to sneak into an act at Ricky's nightclub by disguising herself.

    My favorite episodes were the "vetameatavegemin" and the grape stomping in Italy one. They were all wonderful. She was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That one is a classic! I need to find out where they sell the series in DVD format. I have VHS and they are falling apart from overuse :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots