MY OBLATE COMMUNITY: THE CONGREGATION OF ST JOHN

I wanted to wait until the elections were over before I posted this so it would get more exposure.

As I mention at the top of my blog, I am an Oblate with the Community of St. John. An Oblate is a lay person who, after a period of formation, makes promises of poverty, chastity, and obedience, and assists the Community in many different ways, according to their individual gifts. They affiliate themselves with the Community to enrich their spiritual lives and to carry out the gospel message in the world. Oblates of St. John strive to live holy lives, in imitation of St. John, the Beloved Disciple.

One of our monasteries is located in Princeville, IL. I would like to share an article and an inspiring slideshow about the Community with you. I suggest you begin with the October 29, 2006, Peoria Journal Star article as well as play the slideshow of the Community.

The Community of St. John was founded in 1975 in Switzerland.

Moneybags has also posted this on his Holy Vocations blog.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots