Pro-Life Nurse's Refusal to Do Abortions Changes Chicago Hospital Policy

Chicago, IL (LifeNews.com) -- A pro-life nurse who challenged a Chicago hospital's policy of having its staff participate in abortions has opened the eyes of her co-workers, who never knew they had a choice not to participate. The ordeal points to the reasons behind a Congressional provision that is currently tied up in courts. At the age of 48, Mary Bauer decided to change careers. She obtained a nursing degree and went to work at a Chicago, Illinois hospital in its labor and delivery unit.

On her first day of work, Bauer arrived excited and looking forward to her new job. However, after an initial orientation, hospital staff said her first assignment would be assisting in the abortion of a 22 week-old unborn child with Down syndrome. In an interview Bauer described her ordeal. "I just told them, ‘I can’t take that patient. I’m very pro-life. I cannot participate in any way, shape or form. I just can’t do it, so I need an alternate assignment," Bauer said. Read the complete story.

Isn't it amazing what can happen when one person speaks out on behalf of the truth and does what is morally and spiritually right?

This story reminds me of Jill Stanek's story which is also very uplifting and inspirational.

Jill's latest article from WorldNetDaily is quite insightful and thought-provoking. I am amazed at how much we think alike on this subject. Jill Stanek is the humble, yet admirable and articulate lady I once compared to Mother Teresa upon our first meeting at a pro-life rally at Sacred Heart Church in Peoria, IL several years ago when she boldly and courageously presented her heart-rendering testimony. She responded, "But I'm not even Catholic" and I thought to myself, "But I wish you were. We need Catholics like you."

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots