Laws in Wisconsin and Conneticut threaten religious freedom

I just finished reading these posts from CNA and Lifesite News about the Bishops in Connecticut and Wisconsin no longer opposing the Morning After Pill because it is now a law in their states that all hospitals must prescribe this medication. First of all, it seems to me that that is a flagrant violation of the law. How can the state say that a church-related (Catholic) hospital must violate its religious beliefs by administering a dangerous medication to a woman which could seriously harm her and destroy the life of her child?

I really don't understand this at all, nor do I understand how the Bishops in Connecticut or Wisconsin can simply cease opposing the "Morning After Pill". It may be the law in their states, but they still need to uphold the teachings of the Church. Perhaps I am misinterpreting this, but it all seems very bizarre and shocking!

Fortunately, I found this post from The Catholic Transcript which explains a little more, but I am still flabergasted by what is happening.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots