Fuel for the Fire
Thursday of the Third Week of EasterToday's Mass Readings
"I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." (John 6: 48 - 51)
Image Source: Eucharist
Reflection: I AM by Fr. Thomas Euteneuer, President of Human Life International
Saint of the Day: St. Fulbert of Chartres
More about St. Fulbert here.
Famous Birthday:
1921 - 1992 Chuck Connors, American actor (The Rifleman (1958-1963), professional basketball and baseball player. He was born in Brooklyn, New York, to immigrants from the Dominion of Newfoundland via Ireland. He was raised as a Roman Catholic and served as an altar boy at the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn. His natural athletic abilities earned him a scholarship to the private high school Adelphi Academy, and then to the Catholic college, Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.