The Simple Woman's Daybook: June 30

A Simple Woman

FOR TODAY June 30th...

Outside My Window... it's dark, as it is no longer day, but is night. The black shimmering sky is decorated with diamonds. The air is cool and refreshing after today's heat.

I am thinking...about my new cat who is hiding under the bed. I hope she comes out so I can clean out her ears and put in her ear drops.

I am thankful for...Bill's good x-ray at the orthopedist's office today, which reveal that he will not need surgery on his arm. I'm also thankful for my two new customers -- both the answer to prayer. PTL! Thank you St. Joseph, St. Stanislaus, St. Amelia, and anyone else who prayed for this.

From the kitchen...the scent of pork chops, black-eyed peas, and brown rice pasta.

I am wearing...denim shorts and a sleeveless top.

I am creating...nothing special right now, other than this post.

I am going...to bed soon, as I have more training with my mentor tomorrow and have a long, busy day planned.

I am reading...my training manual and glanced through some children's books tonight. I need to get a new book to review. I read almost anything I can get my hands on, but for some odd reason I am between books right now, which rarely happens. I have been spending a lot of time caring for an injured husband and a sick cat.

I am hoping...that my dear sister-in-law and her son will be feeling better soon. They need prayer, as they are going through a rough time now. Lord, have mercy on them!

I am hearing... only the hum of the computer. It's very quiet here now.

Around the house...everyone is asleep. Did I mention that I tend to be a night owl?

One of my favorite things...taking long walks with my dh.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: training meeting tomorrow, rescheduled hair appointment, phone calls, more meetings, and then 4th of July festivities.

Here is a picture I'm sharing..... a branch from my butterfly bush, which is in bloom.

Comments

  1. Good morning, Jean.

    Love these simple moments, it gives us a chance to get to know each other.

    Talked with my mom on Saturday, it was good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots