Autumn Meme
Here's a meme I found on Deb's blog.When does fall begin for you? For me, around here, it begins in October.
What is your favorite aspect of fall? When the leaves begin to turn colors and the chrysanthemums come into bloom, when the pumpkins and gourds are ready for picking, and all the fall festivals -- like Oktoberfest.
What is your favorite fall memory? When my husband and I were first married and we joined another couple on a beautiful fall drive through several towns in the country -- the weather was gorgeous and we had a wonderful time.
What do you like to drink in the fall? apple cider
What is your favorite fall food? baked apples and pork, pumpkin pie
What is fall weather like where you live? warm days, cool nights, lots of sun, occasional rain, but the sun always returns
What color is fall? Lots of russet reds, orange, golden yellows, and rust
What does fall smell like? burning leaves, wood-burning stoves and fireplaces
Holiday shopping in fall:
Does this mean Christmas shopping? No, I may order my Christmas cards in October, but don't usually do much Christmas shopping this time of year.
If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go?
I’d like to travel to Vermont and New Hampshire. But, it is beautiful right here.
What is your favorite fall sport? Football games are nice, but I like watching the world series. That is the sports highlight of the fall!
Do you have a favorite fall chore? raking leaves and playing in them
What is your least favorite thing about fall? The rain - when it is heavy - and causes the streets to flood.
What is your favorite fall holiday? Thanksgiving
What’s your favorite kind of pie? pumpkin pecan or cherry
Which do you prefer, the Farm or the Fair? I enjoy both, but in the fall, prefer to go out to the farm.
Do you have a favorite fall book?
No -- I enjoy all books.
How about a favorite fall poem or quote? God's Gold by Hellen Kitchell Evans and Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost are both special to me.
GOD'S GOLD
Oh, the glory of this autumn day,
When the trees unfold their gold!
Oh, how lifted is my spirit, Lord,
When such beauty I behold!
Like precious coins, each leaf holds on
Through sunshine, fog, or haze;
The memory of this rich display
Will warm my winter days.
~By Helen Kitchell Evans
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
~ Robert Frost
Consider yourself taged if you want to be!
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.