The Climax of Government Imbecility: No Pay for our Military


During Lent, I have been trying to avoid blogging much about politics in favor of focusing on religious and spiritual topics, but now I can no longer keep silent. Our government is shutting down in order to ensure that taxpayer funding to Planned Parenthood is protected. As a result, our military will suffer. In order to ensure that Planned Parenthood is funded and that abortion is protected in this country, the government is shutting down, which will result in our military seeing less money in their paychecks or no paychecks at all. How utterly absurd and immoral! Our government has reached the climax of its imbecility.

I agree with Sarah Palin, who so eloquently expresses my feelings on Facebook: "It’s about time the President step up to the plate and lead responsibly. Our troops who are putting themselves in harm’s way deserve a Commander in Chief who is not AWOL from the debt debate. The American people deserve a president who will take on the tough challenges and understand that funding “Car Talk” is not as crucial as funding our troops at a time of three wars."

What kind of person is it who would want to use our money to pay for abortions and deny our military families money to support their families? This kind of thinking can only come from someone who is morally depraved.







Here is the story from FOX News:

PHOENIX - The U.S. House passed a 1-week stop gap measure Thursday. It will fund the military for the rest of the year, and cuts $12 billion in domestic spending.

President Obama has already threatened to veto that bill -- and Senator Harry Reid has made no promises that it will even get a hearing in the Senate.

If the government does shut down, pay for military members could be delayed.

Thursday, we spoke with a military family who's also hoping lawmakers can iron out a deal before the shutdown. It's a nervous time for military families here in the valley.

If the shutdown happens, they would likely see less money in their paychecks or no paychecks at all.

It's a scary thought for Amy Hurles, whose husband is serving overseas. She already has enough to worry about.

"We're relying all on his income," says Hurles, who takes care of their four kids while Army Corporal Dale Hurles works.

If there's a government shutdown, the family might not get a paycheck.

"I don't understand how they could do that you know. My husband is fighting for our country he can't stop working... I don't know why they can't just get it settled. I don't understand what they're thinking or how they can get away with that."

Hurles says she's already trying to figure out how she'll get by if her husband's military paycheck doesn't come in.

"I have dentist appointments for my boys, and I'm like ok I'm going to have to cancel those, and my daughter has kidney problems and her doctor's appointment is kind of far, and her car takes a lot of gas. And I'm like am I going to be able to get her to those appointments?"

With her husband on the other side of the world, Hurles would essentially have to cope with a shutdown all by herself. She's hoping it won't come to that.

"I would find a way, I would find a way, but yeah it would be hard."

If there's a shutdown, the defense secretary says service members will first get a half-paycheck. After that the money might not come at all -- but the feds say members of the military will eventually get paid for all the time they work.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates addressed the possible delay while talking with troops serving in Iraq.

"Frankly, I remember when I was your age I did a lot of livin' from paycheck to paycheck, so, I hope this thing doesn't happen because I know it will be an inconvenience for a lot of troops," said Gates.

Comments

  1. obama is NOT the Commander in Chief, he is the commander in thief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so disgusted that Obama wanted to protect Planned Parenthoods $350 million bucks on the backs of our Military. I will never forget this...I am going to actively campaign against him in the next election. Our nation cannot endure another 4 years of this morally bankrupt president.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots