Prayer of an Expecting Mother



Lord Jesus, I lovingly pray for this sweet hope that I keep within my womb. You have granted me the immense gift of a tiny little life, living in my own life, and I humbly thank you for choosing me as an instrument of your love. In this sweet waiting, help me to live in a constant attitude of self-surrender to your will.


Grant me a motherly heart that is pure, steadfast and generous. I hand over to you my own concerns; any anxious fears that may come, my own wishes for the little person that I still have no knowledge of. Grant that it may be born healthy in body, keep far from it every peril to its soul.


Mary, you have known the ineffable joy of a holy motherhood; give me a heart that can transmit an ardent, living faith. Sanctify my waiting, bless this joyful hope that is in me, grant that the fruit of my womb may open out in virtue and in holiness through your working with that of your divine Son. Amen.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots