Novena to St. Francis of Assisi begins today



Say once a day for nine days, beginning on September 26 and ending on October 4, the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi.


A PRAYER FOR PEACE
(To be said after every day's Novena)

Lord, make me an instrument of peace
Where there is hatred,Let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master grant that I may
Not so much seek to be consoled
As to console;
To be understood,
As to understand;
For it is in giving that we
Receive, it is in pardoning that
We are pardoned.
And it is in Dying that we are
Born to Eternal life.

DAY 1
O God, come to my assistance.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, You know all things and nothing is hidden from You. In Your mercy and kindness, and through the intercession of Saint Francis, come to my aid in my present distress and grant my humble petition (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: Show your humility by doing a good deed for someone today. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 2 
Hear me O Lord, and have pity on me.
Prayer: Father in heaven, Your love for us never falters in spite of our transgressions and failures. Please show Your mercy for me in my difficulty (mention your request). Through the intercession of St. Francis and for the sake of Christ, Our Savior, have pity on me. Amen.
Your offering today: See the suffering Christ in someone around you. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 3
Lord, be not far from me.
Prayer: Loving Father, You are not far from any of us since in You we live, move and have our being. Increase my awareness of Your presence and through the intercession of Saint Francis take care of my pressing need (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: Throughout the day, give your cares to the Lord. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 4
Make Your ways known to me, O Lord.
Prayer: Father Almighty, Your ways and purpose are often hidden from us. Guide me now and through the intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi, I beg You, in my sorrow, and by Your power, to let me know Your will regarding my special need (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: Consider today how you can do God's will. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 5
O Lord grant safety to those who long for it.
Prayer: In You Heavenly Father, I confidently place my trust. In your hands, I leave all my anxieties with faith in Your care for me. From You, and through the intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi, I await relief from my present distress (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: For God's sake, help some person whom you may not like. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 6
O Lord, do not chastise me with Your anger.
Prayer: Merciful Father, You know my weakness and disobedience. Yet, You are ever ready to forgive and be gracious to me in my trouble. In Christ's name and through the intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi quickly come to help me (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: Banish from your mind and tongue unkind words and thoughts today. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 7
The Lord is a stronghold in times of distress.
Prayer: Father in Heaven, You never reject those who seek Your help and are ever ready to comfort the sorrowful. Through the intercession of Saint Francis and in Christ's name, I implore You to have pity on me in my needs (mention your request), and to rescue me from all afflictions. Amen.
Your offering today: In imitation of Christ and St. Francis, do good to those who may dislike you. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 8
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted.
Prayer: Your goodness, Heavenly Father, responds speedily to our sorrow. In my distress I call upon You to hear and answer my prayers (mention your request). In You, O God, I will continue to trust despite everything. I ask this request in Christ's name and through the intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi. Amen.
Your offering today: Help someone you know who is in need of your friendship and support. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

DAY 9
The Lord will set me free and rescue me because He loves me. Prayer: Gracious Father, I will thank You each day for Your merciful goodness to me. With Your help I will ever praise Your kindness in my trouble. Please assist me now as I faithfully follow Christ, my Savior, and call upon the friendship and intercession of Saint Francis of Assisi, by granting my petition (mention your request). Amen.
Your offering today: In gratitude, be good to others today. Conclude with the Prayer for Peace (top of page)

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots