Seven Quick Takes: New Year, New Surprises



This is my super-quick edition!

 1. My biggest surprise for the New Year was a new car! After being without my own set of wheels for over two years, I now own a 2005 Oldsmobile LeSabre, thanks to my dear husband, who is making the payments for now. Free at last!

2. I have been doing pretty good on my New Year's resolution to work out daily and eat more healthy, less filling meals. Since the beginning of the year, I have lost eight pounds!

3. A new modem has me working faster and communicating more quickly to friends and readers on the Internet. Praise God!

4. I have been working on some new writing projects and hope to be able to share more with you soon. I am pumped up for these. This is the year for publishing!

5. Tonight is Girl's Night Out,which I am so looking forward to! Some time with my lady friends for conversation is therapeutic and vital.

6. I am really looking forward to watching the new pro-family, pro-life film Gimme Shelter at the theaters this weekend. The more I hear about it, the more I look forward to seeing it. You can learn more about it HERE.

7. Happy Feast of St. Francis de Sales! He is one of my favorite saints. A writer, spiritual director, a theologian, a man with a holy, gentle demeanor, he converted thousands to the faith. Read more about him on Catholic Fire.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots