7 QTs: A Mission, Valentine's Day, Lent




1.  This week, Father Jacques Philippe was the speaker at our three-day parish mission. He spoke on the topic of Spiritual Poverty.  Each day, I went to Mass and Communion and then returned in the evening for his 1 -- 1 and 1/2 hour talk and Eucharistic Adoration followed. It was so spiritually enriching and inspiring! I have read three of his books now and am starting on the fourth -- his newest book -- Thirsting for Prayer. (I am on the right in the photo above.)



2. This week we also celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, which was the 12th anniversary of my Marian Consecration, or more accurately my Consecration to Jesus through Mary via the St. Louis de Montfort method. This is a special Marian feast day for me.



3. Another speaker, I was privilleged to hear recently was Dr. Ralph Martin. He was wonderful, as usual. His topic was the New Evangelization. I am eager to read his book on the New Evangelization, The Urgency of the New Evangelization: Answering the Call.


4. What are you doing Valentine's Day weekend? I am looking forward to our diocese's Night of Romance, but I am also eager to view Old Fashioned on the big screen with my beloved. I previewed it on my computer and you can read my review HERE. I also have some other suggestions for your Valentine's Day weekend HERE.



5. Ash Wednesday is this coming week and you know what that means! Along with the ashes, let the prayer, fasting, and almsgiving begin! Lent is also a great time for watching inspirational movies.
Here are my Top Ten Catholic Films for Lent 2015.



6. If you missed my all-Lenten post last week, Here it is again!

7.  Have a sweet Valentine's Day!  

Jean

For more Quick Takes, visit This Ain't The Lyceum.


Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots