7QT: Mother Mary, Mercy, and Christmas



1. Saturday is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe -- - one of my favorite Marian feast days. Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the Americas, brings hope into our lives. She covers us in the folds of her heavenly mantle and cradles us. She is the Mother who tenderly consoles us and protects us from evil. She is the one who carries Divine Life within her and crushed the head of the wicked serpent. She brings us life and love; hope and healing. She brought conversion to Mexico and will renew the Americas again if we pray for her intercession. She is the Mother of Mercy. Here is a beautiful reflection for this Feast Day from Father Stephen Morris with some intercessions to help us during this Jubilee Year of Mercy. Here is a story of my family's personal miracle through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe.



2. On December 8, we celebrated two significant events in the Catholic Church on the same day – the beginning of the Jubilee Year of Mercy and the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. You can read my take on these events HERE. This was a special day for me and my husband, as we renewed our Marian consecration then. I first made my Consecration to Jesus through Mary seventeen years ago; he made his several years earlier.

3. We also celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of Loreto this past week. I love telling this story to children, who seem fascinated by it. I am no child, but it still fascinates me. Here is my narrative, "Our Lady of Loreto: Feast of the Flying House."

4. You know that Christmas isn't far off when you celebrate St. Nicholas Day.  He is considered the great patron saint of children and the cheerful giver of gifts under the name Santa Claus. What did he leave in your shoes this year? He left nothing in my shoes this year, but I did find some chocolate cheesecake in the refrigerator.

5. I have been trying to keep Christmas easy this year, stressing the important things -- daily Mass and Communion, weekly Confession and Eucharistic Adoration, but have done a little decorating outdoors -- putting up the Christmas wreath on the door and the nativity set outdoors before the cold weather sets in. We have been fortunate that it has been unseasonably warm here for this time of the year, in the 60's and 70's during the day and in the 30's at night.




6. I have also been looking ahead to focusing on giving Catholic gifts this year as presents. Here are five Catholic books I have read and recommend. Here are seven sensational CDs for gift-giving.



7.  I have also been thinking about what special treat I would like to make for Christmas this year and found this scrumptious recipe.  Realistically, I will more likely be splurging with this one instead.

Have a relaxing weekend!
Jean

For more Quick Takes, please visit Anabelle at Written By The Finger of God. 

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots