7 Quick Takes: Food, Fun, and Faith





1. I love food, but need to consistently eat healthy food. Once in awhile, I sneak in some sweets, which puts weight on. Above are two dishes I made for supper tonight: my favorite tossed salad with Italian chicken vegetable soup. I used mostly organic or non-GMO ingredients in everything. My husband loved it! If you would like the recipes, just email me with "Recipes" in the subject line at jean.heimann@gmail.com and I will be happy to share them with you. 

2. With winter in full force, I have been drinking more tea lately: Roobois, Ginger, and Cinnamon.  Here are some ideas for healthy hot, delicious drinks to warm you up. 




3. What did you do for fun over the holidays? I celebrated with family at Christmas and several friends at a New Year's Eve Party. I also went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Who can resist a new episode of Star Wars? I don't understand all the fuss about Carrie Fisher's appearance. Of course she no longer looks like she did when she was nineteen! The woman is fifty-nine now and she has aged gracefully and looks great. No, that is not her above! It's Chewie, who still looks the same as she did thirty-nine years ago, but only her stylist knows for sure. :) This is a meme that has been circulating on Facebook.



4. Here is a photo of Bill and I on Christmas Eve at our parish church.






5. This new year I want to try to do my best to emulate our Blessed Mother Mary and the saints. Here are some of my latest blog posts: Emulating Mary, the Mother of God, in This Year of Mercy, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: Woman of Charity, Courage, and PerseveranceThe Spirituality of St. John Neumann.




6.  This is what I plan on doing more of in 2016.



7.  Here's an inspirational and powerful short film for the men in your life:



Have a wonderful weekend!

Jean                                                                                                 

For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum.    



~ Photos and text copyright Jean M. Heimann 2016

Comments

  1. That soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the soup looks delicious? Do you have a recipe or do you just throw things in the pot as you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elena,

    I just emailed you a copy of the recipes.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots