Update on Accident & Other Absurdities

Sorry for the lateness in posting. Now that my dh is out of work and we no longer have health insurance, I have been trying to get prescriptions for my FMS from my doctor's office as I was advised to do by our parish nurse; however, they have no free samples, but have promised to check the drug company programs. I called a local Catholic clinic and they need prior records from a doctor I have seen only three times and need me to fill out forms, etc, etc. Then, in about ten years from now, I will probably be able to get in, but they have only one of my three prescriptions. I have contacted my chiropractor to see if they can see me at a reduced price...still waiting for a call back. My doctor's office (who can't see me because I have no health insurance) told me that I need to relax, rest, and take ibuprofen for pain, get an ace bandage for my sprained wrist, and soak in epsom salts and in a few weeks, and I should be feeling better. I've decided to go on vacation from doctors for awhile. I think I'll go watch an old movie....a comedy, preferably. Actually, I think I need to see Michael More's new film, "Sicko". I'm not a big Michael Moore fan, but I can certainly relate to this film.

Related post: Prayer Request

Comments

  1. Jean, I'm so very sorry to learn of your financial difficulties and health problems. Please be assured of my prayers for you and your dear hubbie.

    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read (can't remember where now) that humor can be healing. Get all the humor you can! We'll all be praying for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers, ladies.

    Margaret Mary,

    Yes, that's true. I have had chronic pain for many years and have done research in that area and have even written about it.

    Comedies always help me.

    We went to the grocery store tonight and rented out a DVD. However, someone removed the DVD from our cart and we weren't able to watch it. We had to report it as stolen.

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jean,

    You have been through so much lately! God must surely love you to send you so much suffering! I know this isn't the first time you have had to deal with this craziness, either.

    You moved to KS for Bill's dream job and now you're faced with unexpected unemployment. poverty, and medical problems, accidents, no health insurance, little support there.

    I know you know all about suffering and have encouraged me and been there for me through similar times in my life. You are one of the strongest people I have ever known. You have been such a light in my life. I know He will get you through this difficult time.

    I will be praying daily to St. Joseph for you and offer every daily rosary for you. I will never forget your many prayers for me and how they brought the return of hope into my life. Your faith lifted me up from the darkness, dear one. And, God's grace will take you through this and let you rise above it. He's with you now, so be at peace, you are His beloved one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots