Seven Quick Takes: Valentine's Day Edition


1.  Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have some special plans for today. I'm planning a special home-cooked meal for this evening and a romantic dinner out tomorrow night. I have a beautiful new red dress to wear and am getting my hair done today, so I am excited!  If you still need some ideas for celebrating, check out these posts: For Couples: Ten Romantic Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day and Ideas for Men: Ten Romantic Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day. And here is what women definitely don't need for Valentine's Day!

2. This past week we celebrated one of my favorite Marian feast days -- Our Lady of Lourdes! I share my personal reflections with readers HERE, 

3. Can you believe it? A new biopic on Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta will be out in 2015! The producer of the film, entitled I Thirst, is the former executive producer of the television series 24; the scriptwriter co-wrote the script for the 2004 film Hotel Rwanda. I can hardly wait to see this!!!

4. Today the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and best of all, the snow and the ice were melting! Spring is on its way! Glory Hallelujah!

5.  Two of my favorite celebrities passed on this past week --  child star and Hollywood legend Shirley Temple Black and Ralph Waite, who played the kind patriarch of a tight-knit rural Southern family on the TV series "The Waltons." May they rest in peace.

6.  As for this past week's episode of Dowton Abbey, I was so very happy that Lady Edith chose life for her baby! I was cheering her on to make that decision and somehow knew that she would. If you  would like to know more, read this.

7. Today is the memorial of Sts. Cyril and Methodius,  patrons of Europe, along with St. Benedict. They are also patrons of ecumenism and patrons of unity between the Eastern and Western Churches.


For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots